I have implemented an updated set of best practices in accordance with guidelines from the Provincial Health Office, WorkSafeBC and the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia. I commit to following these protocols to create, to the best of my ability, an environment where patients can safely receive massage therapy, and I require the same commitment from any patient requesting massage therapy treatment.
1. The day before your appointment I will prompt you to complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
We can discuss any concerns or questions you have, and I will share my daily self-assessment results.
2. You must disclose any recent travel activity.
3. When you arrive for your appointment, please wait outside or in your car until I call/text or come out to get you. The front door may be locked in between appointments. I will open the door for you prior to treatment, and as you exit after treatment.
4. You will be asked to wash your hands, and then we will reconfirm our self-assessment results. You are welcome to bring a mask with you and wear it when you arrive. Cloth masks will be available for either of us to use upon request.
5. Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place, with longer breaks between appointments to allow for thorough cleaning and disinfecting.
6. My cancellation fee will be waived until further notice. Please do not feel concerned about cancelling or rescheduling due to illness, but do try to give as much notice as possible.
It is important that you understand that I have taken measures to minimize risk of transmitting communicable diseases, but that the nature of massage therapy means that physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room. Before treatment can begin we must both agree that the benefits of care outweigh the risks.
The restoration of RMT services requires clear and thoughtful communication that is based on trust between an RMT and a patient. I welcome any questions you have concerning my professional practices as well as my personal social distancing habits.
Please contact me if you have questions or concerns about your upcoming appointment.
You can read my full Interim Return to Practice Plan Here.